Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Nice article out of the NY Times

Lovely article on Homebirth as well as a beautiful slideshow: lots of great waterbirth, older sibs present and dad's in the tub too!

One congratulatory letter to the editor coming right up.

In other less NYTimes worthy news, I sutured a gnarly lac at 2am this morning after a 37cm head was blasted past an old episiotomy scar despite our bet efforts to slow his exit... Was sewing busily for an hour (it was pretty dramatic) on what was the most complicated and extensive repair I had done to date. At the end her tissues approximated beautifully, the wee periurethral bleeder I had to pin down was happily ligated, and my back was screaming at me. Mission accomplished.

No sleep last night, feel decidedly flu-ey. Dreading somewhat the next page.

One more down. The universe conspires in my favor.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home