Open Note to M...
Dearest Bloggie,
Having no other good way to reach you tonight, and knowing that many others I know will share my thoughts of you, I wanted to post a quick note to the universe with you in mind.
If you are, as you hinted, laboring this evening to birth your first lovely babe, I wanted to send you great heapings of love and birthy thoughts as you join the Great Sisterhood of Mothers. The knowledge you glean tonight, you can learn no other way. Your journey will bring you not only a new person for your life to revolve around but also new knowledge and insight into the travails and joys and great work that motherhood is. You will be a finer midwife and stronger woman for the intimate, first hand knowledge of this process we are so familiar with.
May each contraction ebb with you safe in the knowledge that it is one less, and one closer to your reward: your baby in your arms. The work you do tonight is sacred and infinite.
You are strong, wise, and surrounded (in thought, and I'm sure in person) by women who love and respect you as a midwife, woman, and soon a mother. Tonight you birth beside hundreds all over the world.
Tonight I hold you in my thoughts. A candle burns here with you in mind.
I can't wait to hear your story, and welcome your new little soul to earth.
"My heart is a ladle full of sweet water brimming over."
Blessings to you, friend.
Xx
Morag.
Having no other good way to reach you tonight, and knowing that many others I know will share my thoughts of you, I wanted to post a quick note to the universe with you in mind.
If you are, as you hinted, laboring this evening to birth your first lovely babe, I wanted to send you great heapings of love and birthy thoughts as you join the Great Sisterhood of Mothers. The knowledge you glean tonight, you can learn no other way. Your journey will bring you not only a new person for your life to revolve around but also new knowledge and insight into the travails and joys and great work that motherhood is. You will be a finer midwife and stronger woman for the intimate, first hand knowledge of this process we are so familiar with.
May each contraction ebb with you safe in the knowledge that it is one less, and one closer to your reward: your baby in your arms. The work you do tonight is sacred and infinite.
You are strong, wise, and surrounded (in thought, and I'm sure in person) by women who love and respect you as a midwife, woman, and soon a mother. Tonight you birth beside hundreds all over the world.
Tonight I hold you in my thoughts. A candle burns here with you in mind.
I can't wait to hear your story, and welcome your new little soul to earth.
"My heart is a ladle full of sweet water brimming over."
Blessings to you, friend.
Xx
Morag.


2 Comments:
ACK! I lit my candle this morning for her! I hope she will those of us who only have blog access to her know that all is good in her world.
squeeeee.
I am totally snaking your words to send to my 40 pregnant best friend!
Good luck to yours!
Post a Comment
<< Home