Thursday, September 27, 2007

My name is Morag

Your suggestions were all lovely, but then Husband reminded me of a name I love, but I doubt I shall ever be allowed to use to name a daughter should I ever have one. It's closest to Moira which is what Myra suggested, so I think she wins!

For those of you who wonder: Morag is Scots Gaelic. Wikipedia (venerable research source that it is...) says it means "lake monster". Oh well. Lillith (Goddess-y - thank's Estella!- which also made my shortlist) means night monster depending on who you're talking to, and I still think it's a pretty name.

Morag was the name of a nurse to Bonny Prince Charlie according to a story I once read as a child. I like to think she was also a midwife. Mor means great. It's a strong name. It'll come in handy on days when I don't feel very strong.

Tired today, and waiting on babies. Always waiting on babies.

Myra: if you leave your address in my comments section, I shall not publish it. :) Will send lovely knitted item at some point!

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

DUDE I love that name!

7:24 AM  
Blogger Housefairy said...

I like it alot--and I dig the anonymity, I understand totally.

Welcome, Morag!

8:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home