Saturday, September 29, 2007

Pain in the neck...

Woke up this morning virtually unable to move. 800mgs of ibuprofen later I managed to type a plea to everyone I know asking if they knew a chiropractor working on Saturday mornings. Found one, and immediately prostrated myself at his feet.

Turns out the guy knows how to almost tear off ones head, without actually doing so. And my neck now feels like it works again. Lovely new chiropractor offered to see me tomorrow if my neck continues to hurt like the devil.The thought of attending a birth with my head virtually immobile was not on my list of things I desperately want to accomplish in this lifetime.

So now I am icing sore muscles and looking forward to some therapeutic touch from Tiffany on Monday.

Kristina welcomed little Eidie by cesarean section Wednesday last. A complicated pregnancy to be sure, but a lovely wee (and at 4lbs something wee is definitely the operative word) GIRL munchkin to complement her brood of boys in the Red Spiral.

Have tidied up my blog roll. Midwiffle Seed continues her (permanent?) hiatus, and shortly I will be removing Hannah as her joint has been silent for many a month too. Instead dear readers I bring you some newbies:
Myra is a student CNM. As is Minority Midwifery Student. Loving Pecola has some very important things to say and I enjoy reading her enormously. Expat Midwife is a Canadian training in the UK and it sounds as though her recent wave of births have been as hairy as mine. Please join me in sending her many "butter" birth thoughts. I have also added a MisplacedMama (who will soon be a neighbor!) and my girl Tiffany. She needs to update more but it's about time she made her proper debut on the blogosphere.

Onsite next week, and I'm anxious to catch up with my remaining classmates. I'm less anxious to engage fully in the reams of study I have to do.

Please send birthy thoughts to the three women whose birth I shall miss (sob!) should they not have their babies this weekend.

Husband is out splitting firewood as we shiver through the first chilly day of the season. Fall is upon us. Eldest frolics with his skipping rope in shorts. Brrrr.

Love to you all!

3 Comments:

Blogger Student Nurse Midwife said...

Sorry about the neck pain. Glad you're feeling somewhat better :)

12:19 PM  
Blogger Housefairy said...

That really sucks--glad you were able to find someone to help somewhat.

Here's to it never coming back!!

8:41 PM  
Blogger One Hot Mama said...

Oooh, I feel ya mama. That is a familiar pain for me. Take it easy on that neck! And believe me, if you get called to a birth, you won't feel your neck again till the next day!

6:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home