Yet more research...
Planned caesareans increase health risks
"WOMEN who undergo a planned caesarean section suffer more than three times the number of cardiac arrests, blood clots and infections than those who give birth vaginally."How many times must the research underline this before change occurs?
Labels: ceasarean, health risks


2 Comments:
I am just cynical enough to think it may never change. I think the future brings a wide divide between those of us that think birth is a normal event and those that think birth needs to be 'managed'. And a bitter divide it will be....sadly.
The topic of childbirth needs to become much less of a taboo subject before anything can change, IMO. Of course, it's anyone guess as to when the subject will become less taboo... my parents, for example, don't want me to talk to my 14 year old sister very much about childbirth. Why? I don't know. I guess I'll just have to wait until she's in college and hope she doesn't get pregnant before then.
love and peace.
Post a Comment
<< Home