National Nurse-In!
Mamas, Papas, babies, friends, relatives and supporters (midwives, student midwives and doulas!) of breastfeeding mamas.
Get thee to your local Delta airline counter at 10am next
Tuesday, November 21st for the
National Nurse-In!!
Wear your t-shirts, carry your signs, be not afraid to feed your babies proudly!!!
Daddies, Grannies and Grandpas and Friends - come too and support the mothers who feed your sons, daughters, grandsons and granddaughters, and friends.
Let's really make Delta, the FAA and whomever else sorry they treated any nursing or pumping mama unfairly and made them feel humiliated or embarrassed for simply doing what women and babies WERE BORN TO DO!!!
For more info check out Mothering's lactivist forum, ProMom, or The Lactivist Blog.


8 Comments:
Delta has disapline the altendant and made a statement affirming their support of a woman's right to feed their baby. Check it out. It seems like a nurse-in at this point would not be helpful as the job is already done.
Au contraire my good Anon. To my knowledge Delta has not released a statement, A Freedom Air rep did make a statement but still with the mildly rediculous "discreet" condition attached.
I for one would like to see the airlines actually issue policy statements to the effect that they and their staff will support breastfeeding aboard their planes and furthermore that they will allow mothers who pump to transport their breastmilk and not have it thrown away. At this stage I hazard to say that this is far bigger now than this one incident. I think women (and their families) might now be ready to stand up and demand that breastfeeding be REALLY protected by law.
When a flight attendant sees a woman nursing and brings her a glass of water and a pillow for her arm, that's when I'll be satisfied that they mean what they are currently only paying lip service to.
What time, Louisa? SeaTac is so far now that I'm sheltered up here on Whidbey! Lol :)
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Is there a time? I'd love to try and make it to Seatac that day--(and MEET YOU, too.)
rae--depending on the time, you could meet me in Burlington and drive down with me.
Hh
Ah--I re-read it--and it's 10 a.m.
Hh
I wrote my letter.
Hh
Post a Comment
<< Home