Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Entertaining Procrastination

A shout-out to my Playgroup Mommies for this piece of finely crafted procrastination. It has kept me from Confidence Intervals, P-values and Statistical significance for a good 45 minutes. For that, I thank you all.

1. What is your occupation? STUDENT MIDWIFE (w/ side order of mommy x2 and wife)

2. What color are your socks right now? All the socks I own are black. My feet are currently bare and are stuffed under a heater.

3. What are you listening to right now? I Hate Everyone (Grey's Anatomy Soundtrack)

4. What was the last thing that you ate? Wheaties and raisins

5. Can you drive a stick shift? I wouldn't drive anything else.

6. If you were a crayon, what color would you be? I'd be a FAT RED SHARPIE MARKER - none of this wimpy crayon shit

7. Last person you spoke to on the phone? I last spoke to an answering machine trying to schedule a practice pelvic exam with my Assessment partner. Aren't you glad you asked?

8. How old are you today? 29, 1 month, 2 days and about 18hrs

9. Favorite drink? Fanta. Bundaberg Rum (You Bacardi loving Americans have no idea what you are missing out on), Bourbon, Margaritas.

10. What is your favorite sport to watch? Sports-watching pretty much blows. I have been known to get into finals tennis (Wimbledon and the Aus. Open) I also can dig one-day Cricket and Rugby 7's in the right company, and appropriately libated.

11. Have you ever dyed your hair? Are you kidding? I don't remember what my natural color is. I havent seen it since 1992.

12. Pets? Worlds most irritating Bull Terrier, Pippin. Ultimate Pet Tortoise Ernie (who is a girl).

13. Favorite food? If it's breaded, fried and salty I'm all over it. If it's got cheese and bacon in it so much the better. Now that I think of it deep fried mozzarella sticks wrapped in bacon pretty much top the charts.

14. What was the last movie you watched? The Departed. Holy Crap. Not a kid's movie.

15. Favorite day of the year? Any day that I get to go to a birth.

16. What was your favorite toy as a child? A stuffed Wild Thing who's name is Beatrice. She was my mum's retaliation to the evils of cabbage patch kids. She's been around the world with me several times and still lives in my bedroom.

17. What is your favorite - fall or spring? Like 'em both.

18. Hugs or kisses? Hugs. Kisses gross me out.

19. Cherries or Blueberry? Blueberries are the devils fruit. I can eat 'em cooked but raw they remind me of fish eyeballs. Cherries all the way.

20. Living arrangements? Husband, Boy 1 and Boy 2, Dog, Tortoise and UberNanny

21. When was the last time you cried? Watching Prime Suspect(BBC Murder Mystery) on PBS on Monday night. I cry pretty much all the time. I'm a waste of space that way.

22. What is on the floor of your closet? Husband's big ass Tool Chest, my doula bag, a giant box of shoes and a safe.

23. What did you do last night? Vacuumed my living room.

24. Favorite smells? Fresh coffee and the New York Times (and yes, a fresh newspaper has a smell), clean nappy.

25. What inspires you? Every woman who has ever had a home birth.

26. What are you afraid of? That I won't know enough when something goes wrong.

27. Plain, cheese or spicy hamburgers? Cheese AND bacon. Spicy has no place in a hamburger.

28. Favorite dog breed? At the moment, No dog breed. I love my dog but if she craps in my bathtub one more time she'll be a dead dog.

29. How many years at your current job? Midwifery student - 10 weeks 2 days

30. Favorite day of the week? Thursdays. Grey's Anatomy. Say no more.

31. How many states have you lived in? 4 in Australia, 4 in the States

32. Favorite holiday? Thanksgiving and Beltane/Samhain.

33. Ever driven a Motorcycle or heavy machinery? I've ridden a motorbike twice. The last time I fell off. Not doing that again. I'd like to drive a backhoe though. It would be cool to dig really big holes.

34. Who's your favorite NFL team? What's NFL?

35. Do you have a house phone that is NOT cordless? Yes. We have an analog phone because we lose power here all the time and cordless phones just don't work when there is no power.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home