The Pictures

And then...

Is there a better advertisement for womanhood?
These are my friends.
13 mothers (at least 10 who breastfed), 24 babies, 3 homebirths, 1 Unassisted Childbirth, 4 C-sections, 6 epidurals, 6 unmedicated hospital births, 5 single mamas, 2 doulas, 1 (almost 2) student midwives.
Oh, and 2 pairs of breasts still feeding babies.
Everyone of us FABULOUS.
I am so proud of these women.


8 Comments:
How awesome!
I am, TOO! Great!
(good job on not allowing it to be viewed too large. Never know out here in internet land.)
Perfectly lovely! I hope I have the courage to do something like that someday (soon) -- why wait to feel courageous?
Beautiful!
You've brought tears to my eyes. Thank you all for sharing your collective fabulousness.
Awesome! I have come to the conclusion that airbrushing makes women looks like cartoon characters, utterly devoid of character... Fred agrees with me : ) Having a daughter really makes me wonder how to counteract the media images that I'm sure she'll see eventually despite my best efforts to minimize her exposure to them. I know several women (online) who consider their stretch marks to be tattoos that their kids gave them and that they are proud signs of honor and motherhood. I must agree with them about that!
BTW, I did leave a message on your machine today regarding playgroup forgetting that you were out of town, but remembering like ten minutes later so don't worry about the message when you get back!
love and peace.
That is awesome! Great site. Makes me wanna go nurse the wee one...
Beautiful! Every single one of you!
No disrespect meant but this is probably one of the most sexy pictures I've ever seen in my entire life.
Post a Comment
<< Home