Sunday, August 27, 2006

Sisterhood.

Last night, inspired by the wonderful site Shape of a Mother, and fortified somewhat with a few drinkies, 13 of my closest mama friends and I took our clothes off and posed together for a picture we will be submitting to that site and I'll be posting here.

The photos are simply fabulous. Really, truly amazing. It was wonderful enough to make you want to cry.

13 women who've between us built, birthed, nourished and are raising 24 babies. We all of us were for a moment proud of our stretchmarks and our 'working' breasts.

What awesome creatures we mothers are.

I have a truly inspiring group of friends.

3 Comments:

Blogger RedSpiral said...

This has the potential to be a whole new movement, Louisa!! How lovely!

7:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's so great. Can't wait to share in it.

9:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the beautiful words! I for one, feel so privileged to be a part of the picture, a part of a wonderful group of friends, and a part of the collective group known as mothers!

12:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home