Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Would Everyone in the Middle East Please Chill Out?

Seriously. When will you guys all stop hurting each other?

Palestine needs to quit sending suicide bombers into Israel. Israel needs to stop lobbing rockets into Gaza and maybe, just maybe, need to work on a little sharing. Not a whole lot, just a little. Both Lebanon and Palestine need to give Israel's soldiers back PDQ. Then would Israel please stand down their reservists and call their bombers back. We get that you guys are pissed already. Syria needs to shut up too cause they ain't helping either.

Does anyone else think that the War in Iraq has seriously destabilized the whole region? Why do I find myself thinking that maybe Saddam in all his dire dictatorial bad-ass-ness was maybe the lesser of a whole bunch of evils? 'Cause now Iran wants nukes, which thrills Syria, who is friends with Palestine and terrifies Israel (and the US who are currently indisposed trying to salvage bloody Iraq)... and off we go again.

What a bloody shitstorm we have brewing now.

I'd just like to repeat: Fighting for Peace is like Fucking for Virginity. It doesn't work, people. It just kills more of (each of) your own innocent people who are just trying to live their quiet, ordinary lives.
Is that what you really want???

(Sigh.)

And with that, I'm going to bed.

2 Comments:

Blogger ladyelms said...

I completely agree. I hope you don't mind my linking to this. :)

9:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

agree! That part of the world has been fighting with each other for 1000's of years, what makes 'us'/made 'us' think we can solve the problem?

12:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home