Wednesday, July 05, 2006

'twas a matter of time

Toddler sustained his first head injury of note last night while being lavished with attention of the 9-11 year old daughters at my friend's 4th July party. He copped a swing seat to the noggin at about 10.30pm. Result? 1 cm laceration near his hairline. Buzz kill, that's for sure. Completely accidental and the swinger in question was sobbing with remorse. Poor kid. Blood everywhere, girls freaking out and falling overthemselves in a rather charming, almost-tearful chorus of "I'm sorry!", "It wasn't my fault!". Toddler is fine, back to his old self after some Tylenol and a Blue's Clues bandaid.

Had we lived closer to an ER I probably would have had it checked as I'm fairly certain it could have handled a couple miniature sutures... But I'd had three glasses of wine, the bleeding stopped promptly and I'm almost certain an ER doc may have wanted his head more closely examined... I didn't feel like x-rays or CT's or whatever. And a suture kit would have freaked him out further. Oh, and my gut told me he was fine. Tired and had a headache yah, but otherwise fine. I put a butterfly bandage on it as it was swollen and gaping (a bit) when we got home. Sealed up nicely. Still a bit weepy this morning but no dramas.

He may yet slide into his third year of life without stitches. Something tells me though that this won't be his last scar.

1 Comments:

Blogger Milliner's Dream, a woman of many "hats"... said...

Ouch...mama kisses to make it "better"?

Hh

12:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home