Two minutes of peace.
My boys are alseep and Husband has been dispatched to Home Depot to procure half a door with which he will craft my little corner desk in our bedroom. Our (hopefully) new au pair/nanny comes to visit at the end of the week and so I must relinquish my spacious study so that she might think it the perfect room to live in for a year (or so). I'm ok with this.
I'm also thrilled with my newest blog find. This lass is an American (I think... she might hate me if she's Canadian) and she moved to New Zealand (where my Dad is from and half my family lives) to study midwifery at Massey. One of NZ's best midwifery programs. Her blog simply rocks. I love hearing tales which in some ways mirror mine but quirkily in reverse. And today she caught her first babies. How thrilling. So bloody cool. I'm gonna be clicking on over there lots from now on. Oh, all that AND she loves vegimite!
Also, for those of you who aren't sure why I would want to devote myself to women having babies. You should check out this clip. It's from The Birth Cottage in New Hampshire It's a lovely slideshow with the mama speaking in the background. I was told about it by Midwiffle Seed. Another apprentice midwife whose musings I enjoy frequently. I love the atmosphere. Lots of loving women and children around... As it should be.
I'm also thrilled with my newest blog find. This lass is an American (I think... she might hate me if she's Canadian) and she moved to New Zealand (where my Dad is from and half my family lives) to study midwifery at Massey. One of NZ's best midwifery programs. Her blog simply rocks. I love hearing tales which in some ways mirror mine but quirkily in reverse. And today she caught her first babies. How thrilling. So bloody cool. I'm gonna be clicking on over there lots from now on. Oh, all that AND she loves vegimite!
Also, for those of you who aren't sure why I would want to devote myself to women having babies. You should check out this clip. It's from The Birth Cottage in New Hampshire It's a lovely slideshow with the mama speaking in the background. I was told about it by Midwiffle Seed. Another apprentice midwife whose musings I enjoy frequently. I love the atmosphere. Lots of loving women and children around... As it should be.


3 Comments:
hehe...I just realized you linked to me as "Hannah and her Hats..."
Hh
Just wanted to say hi. I found your blog searching for "doula rape" because I have a client who was raped. I'm a fellow foreigner (English) doula. Not a midwifery student but maybe someday. I see I could have just got to your blog by looking at Hannah's links section eh? Mind if I add a link?
St Louis... Missouri is MY old digs! By all means, link away! Thanks for stopping by!
Post a Comment
<< Home