Quickie
Just a second before I rush back out the door to clinic. It's been a slightly mental week which started with me dodging a piece of driftwood hefted carelessly by Husband, moving my head just so that my neck decided to spasm into the 7th circle of hell. Several hours later I bit the bullet and made the hour long journey to our local ER in search of some painkillers and muscle relaxants. Two (very stoned) days later I'm no longer in pain, neck is still stiff and I'm oddly comforted by the bottles of pills which now occupy space atop my fridge. I quite like having them about just in case that happens again.
No babies (yet) this week, though I have agreed to join a third midwife two counties away for a handful of births in August. If Husband doesn't divorce me that month we should be golden. I think that will bring me up to 10 or 11 due dates in August (so help me God).
Good weather in these parts - FINALLY. My boys are toasting up nicely at their summer camp. Brown skinned, ever blonder children are always delightful, yet more so when they are utterly exhausted and interested in only sleep when they return home of an evening.
I'm finding it hard to relax. No school, only a few other commitments - which honestly I'm trying my hardest to ignore. I am knitting when I can, reading incredibly cheap paperback literature (Eric Lustbader's lates Jason Bourne thriller) and yesterday enjoyed the attentions of a massage therapist for some body and energy work, the latter left me with a strange headache and an odd feeling of disharmony. Still pondering the significance of this.
Will pick raspberries today and perhaps some deathfruit (strawberries) with offspring tomorrow.
Hope this missal finds you all well,
Xx L.
No babies (yet) this week, though I have agreed to join a third midwife two counties away for a handful of births in August. If Husband doesn't divorce me that month we should be golden. I think that will bring me up to 10 or 11 due dates in August (so help me God).
Good weather in these parts - FINALLY. My boys are toasting up nicely at their summer camp. Brown skinned, ever blonder children are always delightful, yet more so when they are utterly exhausted and interested in only sleep when they return home of an evening.
I'm finding it hard to relax. No school, only a few other commitments - which honestly I'm trying my hardest to ignore. I am knitting when I can, reading incredibly cheap paperback literature (Eric Lustbader's lates Jason Bourne thriller) and yesterday enjoyed the attentions of a massage therapist for some body and energy work, the latter left me with a strange headache and an odd feeling of disharmony. Still pondering the significance of this.
Will pick raspberries today and perhaps some deathfruit (strawberries) with offspring tomorrow.
Hope this missal finds you all well,
Xx L.


2 Comments:
I have twice done 11 births in a month. The first time w/ a crazily overbooked mw, the second w/ 2 different preceptors who kept freaking me out by having such narrow spaces (time wise) and large gaps (distance wise) between birthing clients.
I think you should write a 'day in the apprenticing life' blog post and I will too, and some other student mws should too so we can all compare. Ok, maybe later when I'm not supposed to be packing. ..
ack!
You know those "Day in the Life" picture series that keep cropping up in various places on the internet? That might be a cool thing to do. An accounting of just what gets crammed into a day, you know? I think something like that will surface on my blog sometime soon...
Post a Comment
<< Home