Friday, July 04, 2008

Thoughts toward the UK if you please.

Where Student Midwife UK is being ejected from her midwifery course in large part because of her blog. The powers that be have (unfairly) decided that she has violated the code of behavior (NMC) which they are all supposed to uphold. Her blog is now down.

And we are all the poorer without her voice. I can only imagine how sick and hurt she must be.

4 Comments:

Blogger k.thedoula said...

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
crap crap crap.
I have much more colourful words, but the Canadian in me is trying to be polite.
goes to swear softly in to the yarn that isn't winding very well.
sigh.

12:16 PM  
Blogger Style Police said...

Hi there - i'm still a student midwife - i've survived one week. The blog, will not.

Whatever happens I am going to continue writing - whether I do it as part of a midwifery cooperative, whether I start the blog back up because they've kicked me off the course, I will write again.

But in the meantime, my pulse 'rests' at 108, I don't sleep, I get pulled out of class, I am gossiped about, whispered about & ignored.

1:41 PM  
Blogger Niki said...

oh crap, agatha, I'm so sorry :(. What utter shit.

7:22 PM  
Blogger k.thedoula said...

OH AGATHA!!!!
Ooodles of love being sent from Canada!!!!
Glad to hear you are ... well that you are. How can I say 'all right'? It isn't all right.

3:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home