Monday, June 23, 2008

Monday's child.

Up this morning at 4am thinking that a baby was on it's way. Sure enough a call followed, and this morning a little after 6am, maaaaybe 10 minutes after we walked through the door, I met the day helping a dad catch his slippery, new son in the water.

Mama then began to sing a spiritual quietly to her boy.
Still and peaceful in the dawn, warm in the water, at one point all four adults in the room singing along. I am learning once again to weep at the miracle.

I have the best job in the universe. Just thought I'd share. :)

Off to take my last MWC exam. Happy Monday, y'all.

1 Comments:

Blogger M said...

Amen to that.

and on my birthday too :)

. . .must go get dressed for birthday dinner and stop being teary eyed with the wonder of things. . .

5:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home