Logistics.
Day one of life sans Husband for the next three weeks as he jets off for Philly, Wellington (NZ people!) and Sydney. Hilarity ensued today as I managed to get both boys to summer camp this am before 8. Cheerfully handed Summer Camp Lady the list of 200 names of friends, acquaintances, and well complete strangers who I have enlisted to collect and or drop off my children in the likely event that I cannot. This, I explained, is gonna happen sooner or later. Probably sooner.
No less than 5 women in dates while he's gone and a virtual guarantee that I will have to haul their sleepy pyjama clad bums out of bed, into the care and across town to kind, understanding former midwife friend's inflate-a-bed before boogying off down the road to hopefully make it in time.
10 births for August
11 for September
Complete nervous breakdown in October (or something like it)
Sigh.
So anyway:
Into the car and zoomed north for my first clinic morning with midwife #3. I am now officially working with almost every midwife in the district (one per county is sufficient, methinks). Zoomed 20 mins sideways for an afternoon of clinic with midwife #2 before zooming home to collect boys from friends who was kind enough to get them this afternoon from summer camp. Discovered Oliver (eldest) had spaced entirely on backpack and lunchbox, and simply told pick-up friend "Mine's the Orange one" when in fact his is BLUE. So we drove back by camp, returned some other poor kid's Orange backpack (as they factor in parents with fool children like mine and kindly leave the door unlocked!), and collected his blue one and both lunch boxes, also left behind. Long story made short we made it home at 7.30pm in time for me to stuff evil fast food in their maws before a quick dunk in the bath and "Iloveyouverymuchnowshutupalreadygetintobedandgotosleep".
Mantra: I will not be a student midwife forever. Lather, rinse, repeat.
No less than 5 women in dates while he's gone and a virtual guarantee that I will have to haul their sleepy pyjama clad bums out of bed, into the care and across town to kind, understanding former midwife friend's inflate-a-bed before boogying off down the road to hopefully make it in time.
10 births for August
11 for September
Complete nervous breakdown in October (or something like it)
Sigh.
So anyway:
Into the car and zoomed north for my first clinic morning with midwife #3. I am now officially working with almost every midwife in the district (one per county is sufficient, methinks). Zoomed 20 mins sideways for an afternoon of clinic with midwife #2 before zooming home to collect boys from friends who was kind enough to get them this afternoon from summer camp. Discovered Oliver (eldest) had spaced entirely on backpack and lunchbox, and simply told pick-up friend "Mine's the Orange one" when in fact his is BLUE. So we drove back by camp, returned some other poor kid's Orange backpack (as they factor in parents with fool children like mine and kindly leave the door unlocked!), and collected his blue one and both lunch boxes, also left behind. Long story made short we made it home at 7.30pm in time for me to stuff evil fast food in their maws before a quick dunk in the bath and "Iloveyouverymuchnowshutupalreadygetintobedandgotosleep".
Mantra: I will not be a student midwife forever. Lather, rinse, repeat.


5 Comments:
more than anything you are a great mom! I love you and miss your friendship like crazy! Can I meet Ryan in Sydney and climb in his suitcase?? I assume no large b'day plans for O...although you will pull a homemade cake out of somewhere i know!
I sit in awe of you.
And I also sit back and realize that I should not be sad that I'm not going to get that life after all...
don't be sad.
don't be sad.
don't be sad.
Okay, a little sad.
Here is hoping the boys had a good nights sleep! You too!
I sit in awe of you.
And I also sit back and realize that I should not be sad that I'm not going to get that life after all...
don't be sad.
don't be sad.
don't be sad.
Okay, a little sad.
Here is hoping the boys had a good nights sleep! You too!
shit. I'm taking notes. . .
Holy . Crap.
Post a Comment
<< Home