Friday, January 11, 2008

Sleepy...

after a night spent up encouraging a woman laboring hard with an asynclitic head (babe's head was cockeyed and took some time to straighten out and descend), I assisted another 4 handed catch and a tight squeeze out into the world. More thrilling though than the actual birth of this little person, was my first ever solo management of the 3rd stage (birth of placenta). My lovely preceptor stood to my right and observed me as I gently guided it through the curve of carus and then out. Duncan, and with trailing membranes, removed intact... Some brisk bleeding arrested smartly with the passage of the placenta and some massage.

Feeling sound in the knowledge that while I'm still hesitant about a snug fit and a head that doesn't restitute clearly and with lots of wriggle room, I'm good with the bleeding and the placenta.

My sweet baby boy, no longer a toddler, turned 3 yesterday.

We ate cake and beany weenies (baked beans and chopped up hotdogs- his choice!) before I departed to spend the evening (rather unfairly he thought) at someone else's 'birthday'.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home