Shut Up and Listen
Sorry to those of you faithful readers who visit regularly for a hearty serving of my ramblings. They have been fewer and farther between of late I know. I can only offer that I find myself in a lul which sees me seeking to listen (read) and think more, rather than dive into long, mouthy posts about the unacceptable status quo.
I was effectively instructed by a couple of classmates to be quiet at the end of last quarter. After I got over my hurt feelings (and, I confess they were very hurt) I have decided to give it a go. I shall be making more of an effort to listen more and speak less. We'll see how it goes.
I shall not, however, be silent. Silent isn't me. The world has too much silence about stuff people should be screaming about.
Blessings to you all as we open the book of 2008. If you turn an 8 on it's side you will find the symbol for infinity. I kinda like that, don't you?
Soothing, healing thoughts towards South Australia if you will, to my Dad, who is recovering from a hip replacement as I type.
Xx Morag
I was effectively instructed by a couple of classmates to be quiet at the end of last quarter. After I got over my hurt feelings (and, I confess they were very hurt) I have decided to give it a go. I shall be making more of an effort to listen more and speak less. We'll see how it goes.
I shall not, however, be silent. Silent isn't me. The world has too much silence about stuff people should be screaming about.
Blessings to you all as we open the book of 2008. If you turn an 8 on it's side you will find the symbol for infinity. I kinda like that, don't you?
Soothing, healing thoughts towards South Australia if you will, to my Dad, who is recovering from a hip replacement as I type.
Xx Morag


6 Comments:
My resolution last year was to "Be more comfortable with silence."
I came upon several quotes I liked that help support my striving for comfortable silence, My favorite being:
"He who does not understand your silence will not understand your words" - Elbert Hubbard
I feel that during my journey to midwifery I am growing into the "wise woman" role... and in my opinion "Wise Women" listen more and talk less, holding their wisdom close and sharing is sparingly.
Good Luck, I found it a hard resolution to keep...but worthwhile, nonetheless.
sigh..
yes, listening has a very important place.
But.
I like the waves too. I hope that you break the silence sometimes and make a few ripples, or heck even a full force thundering wave =)
Keeping your dad in my thoughts. Hope his recovery goes smoothly!
What an unusual woman you are to consider the comment made and really try to change. I am beyond impressed. I am making a bigger effort to listen, too. I have a tendancy to want to pipe up with all my factoids and ideas, but I am learning that they are not always helpful. Good going!
Best wishes your for father's complete recovery.
Silence can be ok, but please don't forget your voice. :)
i understand your resolve but, as monkey's mama said, don't forget your voice...it is so beautiful. and rabble rousers should never give up on raising the rafters with copious amounts of non-complacency!
I have always been inspired and blessed by your words. Please keep speaking as you also work on listening. Both are important and, I have found, compliment each other very well.
We return tomorrow! I'm not looking forward to the plane ride, but I am looking forward to seeing my friends!
Post a Comment
<< Home