What's up.
Nothing much really.
It's cool here and leafy corner has taken on it's usual seasonal all-greyness. I'm eating food again, watching grades filter in (I've done well this quarter it seems), contemplating quietly the new year as it approaches.
My dad is (finally!) having his hip replaced in a couple of weeks. He's nervous as hell about it I can tell, but I'm pleased that he will reclaim some of his lost mobility. Will make for much fun chasing grandpa 'round the Run this time next year.
I have two more babies in dates who hopefully will appear before I leave for the holiday next Saturday. In the interim I have much organizing to do, an appointment with an acupuncturist to see if he can help my lower back feel less like it's ready to blow a disk - the 4hr plane flight to Missouri seems a little like torture from where I sit right now, toasty on my heating pad. I've started paying close attention to the Aleve liqui-gel commercials. Can they really be that good? If they are I may have to invest... I have a new back door on my car and on Thursday new brakes, struts and (I fear) shocks. Poor car is aging rapidly under the demands of my insanely carbon dependent student midwife lifestyle. I think I may have put close to 10,000 miles on the poor thing in less than 12 months. Sigh. This gig not only destroys one's poor back, but also one's innocent vehicle into the bargain.
I look set to be involved with several HBAC clients in the coming year. I am pondering the focus of my senior paper and in sifting through all this I'm finding it hard to direct my paper toward the profession of midwifery (as I'm supposed to), rather than a stunning indictment of the practice of medical obstetrics which rather presents for us this new sub-class' of 'damaged, high-risk' clients who justifiably seek out alternatives in birth...
Much reading ahead of me.
All quiet though, really, on the Western Front.
It's cool here and leafy corner has taken on it's usual seasonal all-greyness. I'm eating food again, watching grades filter in (I've done well this quarter it seems), contemplating quietly the new year as it approaches.
My dad is (finally!) having his hip replaced in a couple of weeks. He's nervous as hell about it I can tell, but I'm pleased that he will reclaim some of his lost mobility. Will make for much fun chasing grandpa 'round the Run this time next year.
I have two more babies in dates who hopefully will appear before I leave for the holiday next Saturday. In the interim I have much organizing to do, an appointment with an acupuncturist to see if he can help my lower back feel less like it's ready to blow a disk - the 4hr plane flight to Missouri seems a little like torture from where I sit right now, toasty on my heating pad. I've started paying close attention to the Aleve liqui-gel commercials. Can they really be that good? If they are I may have to invest... I have a new back door on my car and on Thursday new brakes, struts and (I fear) shocks. Poor car is aging rapidly under the demands of my insanely carbon dependent student midwife lifestyle. I think I may have put close to 10,000 miles on the poor thing in less than 12 months. Sigh. This gig not only destroys one's poor back, but also one's innocent vehicle into the bargain.
I look set to be involved with several HBAC clients in the coming year. I am pondering the focus of my senior paper and in sifting through all this I'm finding it hard to direct my paper toward the profession of midwifery (as I'm supposed to), rather than a stunning indictment of the practice of medical obstetrics which rather presents for us this new sub-class' of 'damaged, high-risk' clients who justifiably seek out alternatives in birth...
Much reading ahead of me.
All quiet though, really, on the Western Front.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home