Sunday, January 07, 2007

Home now...

but in case you wonder where I am I'll just share with you a paragraph from a study I'm reading.

" We selected differential expression of transcripts encoding WNT ligands, receptors of the Frizzled gene family, Frizzled-related protein family and intercellular signal transducers and modifiers. The gened encoding casein kinase 1 alpha, dishevelled activator of morphogenesis 1, which are agonists of the WNT pathway are both over expressed in the trophectoderm... These agonists were up regulated in differentiated ES cells. In addition we find that GSK-3B expression is down regulated in the ICM thus corroborating the reported inactivation of GSK-3B which leads to the activation of the WNT pathway in maintaining the undifferentiated state of the ES cells."

Two words for you people: HOLY CRAP!

Oh, and no, i didn't make up the Frizzled thing. I guess there is a gene family called Frizzled. Why? I have no earthly idea.

Had to share though.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, Louisa! What fun! I like to think I'm pretty good at reading studies, but I don't think that was written in English.

6:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ouch my head hurts after reading that. I had thought I was kind of scientifically minded but I agree with one hot mama, was that English?

2:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home