Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Bloody Hell

Would school please hurry the fuck up and post my GODDAMN SYLLABI already?
I need those readings before I commit myself to the hell that is going to be the 20-something hour ride home on Friday (Thursday for you cats in the US).

Ok, so yesterday I had a 24hr gastro thing which was far, far from fun. Today (Wednesday) Mum had it and this evening before bed Dad was lookin' a little green. It I were a betting woman I'd be placing fair odds that my almost two year old is gonna break with this nasty fit of diahrreal illness about the time that we are due to step on to QF24 to LA on Friday afternoon. How much fun could that be, I ask you?

Perhaps it won't matter if I have the readings or not... I'll likely be too busy managing explosive toddler diarrhea at 47,000 feet to be concerning myself with the finer points of gynecology or consent in pharmacology. On the bright side it should guarantee a couple of extra seats 'cause really, who wants neighbors on a plane with gastro?

Oh yeah, I also realized that I think I forgot to order a few text books before I left. Bugger.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh yuck. That is so NOT fun. When I flew to Ghana this summer the 12 yo daughter of one our adult members was sick. We spent 5 hours doing everything we could to keep her from entering full-blown hysterics and took trips to the bathroom about every 15 minutes. When she finally fell asleep her mother and I both cried....

I suppose that with your child only being 2, you at least have diapers on your side?? Better than having to wash out underwear?? I'm realy trying to find a glimmer of hope for you. :)

7:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

man, I sure hope your toddler escapes it! Things usually work out though, eh?

Schools. Don't get me started on their beauracratic BS and how long it takes them to get crap done. Even PreacherMan's seminary has the same nightmares, like getting the registration forms AFTER the deadlines for registration.

11:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home