"I just want to have my baby"
Go and read this post. One Hot Mama is a midwifery student and grand multip (which translates as 6 babies down, another on the way) and she writes:
"I have had every kind of birth you can have. Fast, slow; hospital, home; land, water; doctor, midife; vaginal, c-section, VBAC; drugs, natural; anterior, posterior. So I know whatever this birth has in store for me, I can handle it. I just hope it has no big lessons to teach me. I don't want to learn any lessons. I just want to have my baby. "
Simple, profound, elegant. And for some reason, her words just rocked my world.
"I have had every kind of birth you can have. Fast, slow; hospital, home; land, water; doctor, midife; vaginal, c-section, VBAC; drugs, natural; anterior, posterior. So I know whatever this birth has in store for me, I can handle it. I just hope it has no big lessons to teach me. I don't want to learn any lessons. I just want to have my baby. "
Simple, profound, elegant. And for some reason, her words just rocked my world.


1 Comments:
Thanks L! My hope for my blog is not just as an outlet for my emotions and to be a journal/record of my midwifery journey/my pregnancy/my life (cuz they are all intertwined) but also to hopefully touch others who read my words. To make them laugh, cry, think or get angry. You made my day.
Post a Comment
<< Home