Booby Day
Just a quick note before I cram another 7 or so pages of reading into my head before class - I'm currently on the ferry. I enjoyed a delightful dinner last night with a handful of my classmates last night, talking about our passions and excitement and fear. It was wonderful. three of us ended up at a lovely pub by the ferry having a few drinks and debriefing the last few days. Our parting words to each other mentioned the fact that tomorrow (this afternoon) we will learn and perform our first breast and thyroid exams. We spontaneously began referring to it as Booby Day. A fitting companion I suppose to the more intimidating Vagina Day which is on Friday.
I'm still very tired and for the first time this morning I found myself dragging myself out of bed and having the muttering discussion with myself as to whether or not I could manage to figure out some storywhich would allow me to sleep for just a couple hours more. There was no milk and no bread. In my house this equals no coffee for me and no breakfast for children (who are hopelessly addicted to rice crispies). Both of these constitute emergencies. Especially in my over-tired emotionally volatile state. Husband proved his monumental worth once again by ushering me out the door before I could dismember one of my offspring (a very real threat when I am without coffee in the morning) and depositing me right in front of the ferry coffee stand. He waved me off with "Enjoy Booby Day!" and headed off to forage for milk and bread for the rugrats.
More later...
I'm still very tired and for the first time this morning I found myself dragging myself out of bed and having the muttering discussion with myself as to whether or not I could manage to figure out some storywhich would allow me to sleep for just a couple hours more. There was no milk and no bread. In my house this equals no coffee for me and no breakfast for children (who are hopelessly addicted to rice crispies). Both of these constitute emergencies. Especially in my over-tired emotionally volatile state. Husband proved his monumental worth once again by ushering me out the door before I could dismember one of my offspring (a very real threat when I am without coffee in the morning) and depositing me right in front of the ferry coffee stand. He waved me off with "Enjoy Booby Day!" and headed off to forage for milk and bread for the rugrats.
More later...


2 Comments:
Congrats on starting school! you will be a totally kick ass midwife!
Wanted to point you towards my friend Akiva's post today about breastfeeding in Toys R Us in Manhattan. He's at
http://minorfastdays.blogspot.com
lots of love,
leah
Hey, you're first week is over now!!! How did booby and vagina days go? We should get together sometime before too long. Aena's walking ALL the time now. It's pretty crazy...
love and peace.
~Betsy
Post a Comment
<< Home