Mama's First Carnival
If you didn't know already I write for another blog in a pseudo-official capacity as a Doula. Sisterhood Six is a mothering blog sponsored by Avent, makers of cool bottles and even cooler breastpumps. I used Avent pumps when I was trying and ultimately failing to breastfeed successfully the first time around. And then I used their bottles to formula feed. That said, even though I am paid to write for the site I couldn't bring myself to participate if Avent wasn't firm advocates of the breast is best message. I think they do a good job of supporting both breast and bottle-feeding mamas. I sometimes feel a bit like the lone voice on the crunchy camp on Sisterhood Six (I' m surrounded by a New York OB, an elective c-section mommy and a couple of proud formula feeders!) and I quietly chew on my tongue and jump up and down in frustration at times, but they are all a great bunch of women. They challenge me and that can't help be a good thing. Sisterhood Six I think is slowly taking off... they just opened a new message board which is cool. Another thing we're doing is inaugurating a Blog Carnival of Motherhood.
For want of a better term I am a blog rookie and it took be a while to figure out what the hell a blog carnival was. But then I figured out it's just like Grand Rounds but with a different topic... And it all began to make sense.
If you are keen to contribute a kickin' post on breastfeeding, more specifically on the challenges you (or your wife or girlfriend or client) have faced breastfeeding, and even better yet how they triumphed then you should most definately submit it to carnival@sisterhoodsix.com. I'd LOVE it if the midwives and doulas who occasionally frequent my humble blog would consider jumping in too. It would be so great to get your perspective.
For want of a better term I am a blog rookie and it took be a while to figure out what the hell a blog carnival was. But then I figured out it's just like Grand Rounds but with a different topic... And it all began to make sense.
If you are keen to contribute a kickin' post on breastfeeding, more specifically on the challenges you (or your wife or girlfriend or client) have faced breastfeeding, and even better yet how they triumphed then you should most definately submit it to carnival@sisterhoodsix.com. I'd LOVE it if the midwives and doulas who occasionally frequent my humble blog would consider jumping in too. It would be so great to get your perspective.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home