Waiting, waiting...
Luxuriating here in the calm before the storm...
Feels like forever since I was at a birth, even though it was only two weeks ago that I witnessed a sweet, stubborn baby born through an incision. Am on first call for the first time (meaning the client will call me first when she is in labor) for one, and another sounds to be cooking along this morning also. February's babies are coming!
I'm feeling rested and nourished by the 6 straight days of sunshine which we've enjoyed here in Leafy Corner of late. This is unusual for these parts but my seasonally affected brain is seriously happy to have the warmth on my back to go along with the megadoses of vitamin D and B vits which I am presently self-medicating with. I wonder how it is that the manufacturers of cod liver oil have managed to remove almost all traces of the taste of cod liver from their potion. I am satisfied with their efforts in any case, I will happily shell out the $20 a bottle or whatever for the absence of said fishiness.
In the meantime I have a huge pot of bone broth simmering on the stove and am contemplating kefir and kombucha starters. This is what studying perinatal nutrition will do for you. Digestive support is critical for midwifery students! :)
I can't wait for spring.
Feels like forever since I was at a birth, even though it was only two weeks ago that I witnessed a sweet, stubborn baby born through an incision. Am on first call for the first time (meaning the client will call me first when she is in labor) for one, and another sounds to be cooking along this morning also. February's babies are coming!
I'm feeling rested and nourished by the 6 straight days of sunshine which we've enjoyed here in Leafy Corner of late. This is unusual for these parts but my seasonally affected brain is seriously happy to have the warmth on my back to go along with the megadoses of vitamin D and B vits which I am presently self-medicating with. I wonder how it is that the manufacturers of cod liver oil have managed to remove almost all traces of the taste of cod liver from their potion. I am satisfied with their efforts in any case, I will happily shell out the $20 a bottle or whatever for the absence of said fishiness.
In the meantime I have a huge pot of bone broth simmering on the stove and am contemplating kefir and kombucha starters. This is what studying perinatal nutrition will do for you. Digestive support is critical for midwifery students! :)
I can't wait for spring.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home