
This evening, a bit after 5.00 After an afternoon playing with a new toy and a romp in the garden my beautiful, spunky little dog Chili, only a year old, ran on to our quiet street and was struck by a car. It would seem (and it's my dearest hope) that he died instantly, not feeling any pain.
We on the other hand...
Well.
Tonight he lies wrapped in a blanket in the cool of my husband's car. Tomorrow with my little boys, one who really doesn't understand, and the other who really does, we will tuck him into the earth of our leafy corner, among the trees he loved to play in.

I have your comments to my last post... I'll get to them in time.
21 Comments:
Oh no!!! How devastating, I'm so sad for your family! I hope your little Chili went to the other side quickly and was met with lots of room to run, yummy treats and gilded poop scoopers to follow him around.
((((((())))))
so sorry...thinking of you ~ Susie
I'm sorry Morag.
Well wishes.
Warm hugs.
LP
I'm so sorry! What a sweet little guy.
I'm thinking about you all today, especially your boys.
so sorry.
love you.
*hugs* Please do let me know if there's anything we can do. Once my girls are feeling better I would love to get together with you as well! Whatever they caught on the airplane just isn't going away, it seems :(
~Betsy
How blessed Chili was to live his short life in the abundance of love your family offered.
I am so sorry for your loss.
I am so sorry! Losing a pet hurts so much! Warm and caring thoughts to your family during this sad time!
Best, a lurker
I am so sorry, honey.
I know how devastating that pain can be. Such an innocent little spirit, so full of light. It doesn't seem right at ALL.
Oh I'm so sorry about Chili --- that's awful. I have two and would not know what to do without them.
You and your family are in my thoughts.
My deepest wishes of peace and comfort to you and your family.
Morag,
I am so sorry to read about your Chili. It is awful to lose a dog - they have such a special place in a family.
Jo
I'm so very sorry. I know how dogs become members of the family. I'll be keeping good thoughts for your family as you go through this sad time.
I'm so sorry...
Morag i'm so sorry. I lost my cat, Kate, when she was just a year old last March, & I thought I would never get out of bed again. It broke my heart.
Chili was ever so beautiful, thinking of you xxx
that's so sad. . . poor sweet pup.
love to you.
hi!!my dream is to go back to school to be a nurse-midwife. i can't wait! right now i'm a mom and preacher's wife. i'm so excited to see your passion about VBAC and can't wait to read your archived stuff!! thanks!
rachael
rltrussell@gmail.com
I am so sorry....
I just found your blog tonight and I am enjoying reading it. I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your beloved dog Chili.
My heart just aches for you Weezie. I know how much you all loved him. Seeing the two of you so happy makes me cry. I'm so sorry this had to happen. Malea sends her love and is also very, very sad. She really enjoyed him, too. He was a spunky little bugger who made us laugh. I hope he is happy, wherever he is.
I am so so sorry about your dear little dog.
HUGS...
Post a Comment
<< Home