When in doubt...
Back into the Red Tent.
One of my classmates read this passage in our first week of school. It's been running through my head off and on ever since:
One of my classmates read this passage in our first week of school. It's been running through my head off and on ever since:
"And now you come to me, women with hands and feet as soft as a queen's, with more cooking pots than you need, so safe in childbed, so free with your tongues. You come hungry for the story that was lost. You crave words to fill the great silence that swallowed me, and my mothers, and my grandmothers before them...Thanks for all your support and lovely comments. They were just what I needed.
I am so grateful that you have come. I will pour out everything inside me so that you may leave this table satisfied and fortified.Blessings on your eyes. Blessings on your children. Blessings on the ground beneath you. My heart is a ladle of sweet water, brimming over."


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home