Monday, July 09, 2007

Apologies

For those of you who wait with baited breath (who am I kidding?) for Louisa posts. Taking a leaf outta Niki's play book I am allowing myself to be swept away with summer. Oh, and the fact that I've been sicker'n a dog for the past three days counts too.

What began with a scratchy throat on Thursday, deteriorated into fever, body aches, razorblade throat by Friday, Saturday plateued into malaise and runny nose made an appearance. Sunday sinuses were involved and today (Monday) my sinuses are completely screwed and my chest is starting to get icky.

For the record and if you didn't already know, some pharmaceutical dimwit decided to swap out pseudoephedrine for some other (rediculously ineffective) nasal congestion remedy. Tylenol's version at least has been about as helpful as nothing at all. Have reclaimed pseudoephedrine as drug of choice.

After some brief negotiations Husband and I have decided to get into the chicken business. This morning I placed an order for 4 day old chicks (Buff Orpingtons and Black Australorps) and so they should hatch toward the end of the month. We spent a lovely weekend in the garden building our new Chicken Tractor which we will eventually tow about the garden. These happy hens will eat our bugs, ferilize the garden and eat our kitchen scraps. Hopefully we will have armoured said tractor suitably to ward off nasty chickeniverous neighborhood coyotes, racoons and sundry predators. I am not above stringing high voltage electric fences around said tractor to kick some local wildlife ass. The children you ask? My take on it is they will only grab it once. :)

I've officially become my mother (not that that's a bad thing).

Update: After 2 weeks of prodromal gear (ugh) and walking around seriously dilated and with a bulging bag of waters (!!!) , Darling friend B. finally went ahead and birthed a beautiful 8lb 6oz baby girl in the wee hours of last Friday. I will ask her permission to tell her story and perhaps even post a picture of said babe. She's a beauty!

Am off to deliver lasagne to the new family along with greens from my very own garden!!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Seriously consider a nasal spray, at least at night you could get a whiff up the nose.

Spray 2x, lie flat on back for 2 minutes, breathe.

5:06 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

so grateful she finally had that baby!

8:51 AM  
Blogger Housefairy said...

The new fake sudafed sucks!!!!! They took it off the market so people cant make as much crystal meth in homelabs. I bet all it did was make us have to work harder to get our hands on some decent decongestant.

Very cool about the chickens--want to hear more!

12:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home