Thursday, June 21, 2007

Best. Day. Ever.

Well maybe not ever, but still pretty rockin.

6 glorious hours in clinic this afternoon. 6 wriggly bellies (every one SO different), one of them breech. My first ever VE on a real client with a real baby head in her pelvis (0-station) and a real 75%/1.5-2cm cervix (SWEET!). And an abbreviated (and very rusty) physical exam which has me reviewing my Physical Assessment gear from first quarter.

7.05am tomorrow I'll be back on the ferry for the thrilling conclusion (three more days of ) professional breastfeeding and lactation seminar.

5 Comments:

Blogger Carol said...

I discovered your blog today. Can I "favorite" it? You'd never know from my blog, but we share a passion for childbirth (I'm a certified childbirth educator and DONA doula), and I'm regretting not following the path toward becoming a midwife. I have professional conferences and meetings (in my "money-making" career) at the Talaris Conference Center now and then, and I always breathe a heavy sigh, wondering how to get back on that pathway now, at 50, when my family depends on me for financial support... and when we have three MORE kids to put through college. Funny (not) -- back then it was that a midwife's unpredictable schedule didn't fit with my life as a mom... and now it's that I can't afford to become a midwife.

I envy you!

Carol
http://northwestladybug.blogspot.com/

8:20 PM  
Blogger RedSpiral said...

Darlin,

I volunteer to be your own little personal test subject. :D

I'm out of the homebirth club so here's your chance!

10:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is so exciting! (Okay, only people like us would be excited about your first real VE.)

11:40 AM  
Blogger Aimee said...

oh louisa! i'm so jealous and proud at the same time! i wish i had my "hands on" right now but i must wait!

kisses!

7:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm searching for fpmama, and your blog came up on a google search since you mentioned her once. I'm glad I discovered another birthing blog!

12:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home