New Life
A 7lb 1oz baby girl floated earthside this morning at 3.35am. 11 minutes before I walked in the door. She was floating happily in the tub checking out her mum and dad.
This is most definitely the downside of living an hour away from my preceptor. I missed her birth but was there for the delivery of her placenta (battledore insertion!!) and her Mama's postpartum course.
I had no idea how hard it was to count newborn respirations.
Felt good slipping into the dawn this morning.
This is most definitely the downside of living an hour away from my preceptor. I missed her birth but was there for the delivery of her placenta (battledore insertion!!) and her Mama's postpartum course.
I had no idea how hard it was to count newborn respirations.
Felt good slipping into the dawn this morning.


2 Comments:
ooh neat! battledore. . .
If it makes you feel any better, the last birth I missed was 10 minutes from my house. Actually, much the same scenario; baby in the tub, there for the 3rd stage.
Further proof that we are merely along for the ride on nature's infinitely wise timing!
xo
i've only seen pictures of battledores. how exciting, i can't wait to start working....
Post a Comment
<< Home