Tuesday, May 08, 2007

I'm banned in China...

According to this site, the content of my humble blog is deemed subversive enough to warrant censorship in China. I perhaps shouldn't be so offended given that folks like Amnesty International and the BBC are also reportedly off-limits to the Chinese internet surfing population along side, well, most every other major web presence in the western world.

Hmmm.

I wonder if it's the feminist content, the (rare) Pagan reference or my nibbling attempt to change the status quo for childbearing women. Perhaps it's because I've contributed to the population crisis not once, but twice and I plan on doing it again (perhaps more than once).

I probably give myself far too much credit.

Perhaps it's just that I live in America and don't write in Mandarin or Cantonese. Both of which are objectionable on some level if you think about it for a bit.

Either way. I object to the censorship.
So my blog now sports a "China-proof" Banner.

6 Comments:

Blogger Aimee said...

that's hysterical!

11:52 AM  
Blogger Niki said...

I'm banned too. I wonder if they ban all of blogspot.com, though.

5:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

AHHHHHHHHHHHH I'm terrified, I am heading to Shanghai for three months in about 4 weeks. What am I going to do if I can't get my fix of Louisa??? I'm truly terrified. If I can't access your blog I'm going to have to ask you to email the posts to me. I hope we can subvert them.

10:12 PM  
Blogger Aimee said...

yes, i am also blocked...

9:30 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

yah all of blogspot is banned.

8:53 AM  
Blogger kris said...

that's too much! ....so what is birthing like in china?

7:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home