Maybe?
Am currently e-mailing prospective au pair... well in all reality she's more of a nanny. She's 24 so that makes her (one assumes) more expensive. She does want a bunch of flexibility which I'm not sure that a 17 or 18 year old would, and perhaps more than I can reasonably accommodate. She's also (very reasonably) asking that we chip in, if not pay for health insurance. This is making my emaciated bank account shriek in terror. I'm being very open with my financial reality. We may not have much money to pay you doll, but we'll love you like a sister. How do you say that without sounding creepy?
She sent me a very cute note warning me that her nose is pierced. She's talking to a wannabe midwife. Which is not to say that midwives are all tattoo-ed pierced alternative lifesyle freaks. But we tend to be a crunchy mob. By and large I'd say that midwives are among the most relaxed and open folks. Piercings don't phase us. Well at least they don't phase me. I've had more than her fair share of piercings in my day... actually (and I told her this) I'm contemplating having my nose pierced again, once my latest tattoo heals. Hoping madly that she'll take this as a sign of my coolness. I'm cool. Really I am.
She sent me a very cute note warning me that her nose is pierced. She's talking to a wannabe midwife. Which is not to say that midwives are all tattoo-ed pierced alternative lifesyle freaks. But we tend to be a crunchy mob. By and large I'd say that midwives are among the most relaxed and open folks. Piercings don't phase us. Well at least they don't phase me. I've had more than her fair share of piercings in my day... actually (and I told her this) I'm contemplating having my nose pierced again, once my latest tattoo heals. Hoping madly that she'll take this as a sign of my coolness. I'm cool. Really I am.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home