Money is the Devil.
Money is such a pain in the arse. Like most people I love it when I have lots of it (rarely) and hate it when I have little, or, like now, when I have NONE.
Seriously. No money to pay my library fines (I know, I know... noone to blame but myself). The episode of three year old crying in parking lot of library because he wanted to get some new books was not my finest hour. Will even have to get bread and milk today on the dreaded mastercard. Bleugh.
I am waiting on a freelance check which is massively overdue (a month!) and so I have people who I owe money to shooting me nasty looks. Well at least I feel like karmically they are. That check is already spent and it hasn't made it into my account yet ( and won't for another 2 weeks! Eek.). Bummer. I'm even back to wrapping a headscarf over my rediculously overgrown do in order to make myself look somewhat respectable. Might have to grow it a bit in order to avoid the need to spend money on my haircut. Sad really.
Staring down the barrel of three years of financial knifedge is no fun. And I know it's stressing Husband out. Nice of him to bankroll this dream of mine. Ok, so I'll technically own the loans but he's still paying the bills. What a great guy. All that and it's a rare midwife who makes big dollars... I don't even think that the big guns like Ina May and doula extraordinaire Penny Simpkin make big bucks... but maybe their books bring in some extra. Still, I'm not doing it for the money. You'd have to be nuts.
So... to all the people out there who I owe money to (and yes, I do realize that you most likely don't know this blog exisits) I'm sorry your checks are late. I'm working on it.
Seriously. No money to pay my library fines (I know, I know... noone to blame but myself). The episode of three year old crying in parking lot of library because he wanted to get some new books was not my finest hour. Will even have to get bread and milk today on the dreaded mastercard. Bleugh.
I am waiting on a freelance check which is massively overdue (a month!) and so I have people who I owe money to shooting me nasty looks. Well at least I feel like karmically they are. That check is already spent and it hasn't made it into my account yet ( and won't for another 2 weeks! Eek.). Bummer. I'm even back to wrapping a headscarf over my rediculously overgrown do in order to make myself look somewhat respectable. Might have to grow it a bit in order to avoid the need to spend money on my haircut. Sad really.
Staring down the barrel of three years of financial knifedge is no fun. And I know it's stressing Husband out. Nice of him to bankroll this dream of mine. Ok, so I'll technically own the loans but he's still paying the bills. What a great guy. All that and it's a rare midwife who makes big dollars... I don't even think that the big guns like Ina May and doula extraordinaire Penny Simpkin make big bucks... but maybe their books bring in some extra. Still, I'm not doing it for the money. You'd have to be nuts.
So... to all the people out there who I owe money to (and yes, I do realize that you most likely don't know this blog exisits) I'm sorry your checks are late. I'm working on it.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home