Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Too many blogs, not enough study.

One thing I'm getting up close and personal with the moment is that I am really good, I mean really, really, really good at procrastinating.

I should be completing my physiology assignment but instead I'm starting my very own blog. 'Bout time really... seeing as I've been writing on www.sisterhoodsix.com for about 6 months now and two days ago I started in on LeahJ's $1000 experiment. I guess I have much to say. And I'm steadily realizing that I have stuff to say that doesn't really fit on either. So here I am.

Who the hell am I? I'm in my late 20's, a Mama to 2 boys. I'm a doula. I'm a recently admitted and soon to be student at the amazing Seattle Midwifery School. I'm a feminist, very ecclectic and scatterbrained pagan wife (the pagan, that is. As a wife I'm very organized) with ambitions to become a policy shifting political animal (with ethics and brains) at some point in the future.

I was born in Australia and moved here after a fraternity in Williamsburg, VA showed me what a wonderful place America is (even though its so, so, so messed up at times) and a company called IES gave me a job. I married a great mid-western guy and had children sooner than I thought I would. And that changed my life. I moved to Kansas City and then to Bainbridge Island and I'm about to embark on what I'm sure will be the most exhausting three years of learning and growth to date. If my procrastinating tendencies continue you might just get to read about it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home