Alec Rhys 5-20-2009
At 8.27 last night, after a blistering fast 1.5hr active labor I eased this sweet, quiet boy into my hands floating in a tub surrounded by a room full of midwives and family. Didn't think that 'eased' would be something I'd be capable of, especially when I now consider his very respectable 38cm OFC (head circumference). He moved down quickly, we rested together for a while
(amazing!). his silky hair under my fingers, before his shoulders rotated slowly and I lifted him to my chest.
One of the most extraordinary experiences of my life. It was actually possible to feel his body participate in the navigation of my pelvis. Intense, at times unbelivably painful, it's mindblowingly cool. I can totally see why Ina May and her mates call it psychadelic. Birth remains my extreme sport.
Am officially a convert to waterbirth.
Mellowest baby in the universe. waited a handful of minutes to make any noise at all, transitioning silently before a quick squawk. Then yet more quiet mellowness, even through his Vit K poke, newborn exam (8lb 13oz). Only complained once when a thermometer was stuck under his armpit a while later.
Pictures coming.
Beautiful day in leafy corner.
(amazing!). his silky hair under my fingers, before his shoulders rotated slowly and I lifted him to my chest.
One of the most extraordinary experiences of my life. It was actually possible to feel his body participate in the navigation of my pelvis. Intense, at times unbelivably painful, it's mindblowingly cool. I can totally see why Ina May and her mates call it psychadelic. Birth remains my extreme sport.
Am officially a convert to waterbirth.
Mellowest baby in the universe. waited a handful of minutes to make any noise at all, transitioning silently before a quick squawk. Then yet more quiet mellowness, even through his Vit K poke, newborn exam (8lb 13oz). Only complained once when a thermometer was stuck under his armpit a while later.
Pictures coming.
Beautiful day in leafy corner.


5 Comments:
Beautiful! Absolutely beautiful! I am so happy that you finally got the birth you wanted!
Congratulations Louisa, Ryan, Hugo and Oliver. Welcome to the world, Alec!
Congrats!!!! You'll have to share more about how you "eased" him out. I'm expecting #3 and #2 had a 37.5 cm head...stitches weren't fun (though admittedly WAY better than the stitches in my belly from #1)...
squeeeeeeeeeeeeeal!
Amazing mama :) You have me beaming so hard I might fall off my chair.
Oodles of love to you & sweet new Alec
xoxo
WOOT!!! Congrats! May is a great month for babes! Beautiful pics, too. Such a sweetie.
Congratulations again!
Post a Comment
<< Home