Wednesday, August 08, 2007
About Me

- Name: Louisa
- Location: Leafy Corner, Pacific Northwest, United States
Mam, midwife, doula, blogger, wife. I'm passionate about my family, birth, breastfeeding and mothering. My blog chronicles my training as a midwife and my life as a mother, wife and woman. After a brief stint in private blog land, and too many requests for access, I'm re-opening my blog for your viewing pleasure.
Previous Posts
- On Marriage
- Pukey Postscript
- New Love.
- Post of the Week.
- Aw Shucks.
- File this one under Stupid
- Filthy children.
- Why homebirth?
- Sisterhood Six back up and running
- Missouri Midwives Fight On!


5 Comments:
I'm dumbfounded that we can look at Europe and their midwifery model of childbirth and their fantastic statistics, and then look at the US with their medical model of childbirth and their dismal results, and STILL people believe that hospital births have better outcomes. Absolutely stupified.
Banging.
Head.
On.
Table.
VIOLENTLY!!!!
Gee an OB not willing to condone homebirth? really? shocked and surprised!
Excuse me I need to get an ice pack now.
Someone (other than me) ought to post this to the ICAN list...
Thanks for the update, I had not seen her reply.
I knew that was how it was going to go. It's like a couch potato asking a tri-athlete why she prefers running , swimming and biking to watching tv all day...you *know* the dichotomy between these two types of people will never allow them to see eye to eye or condone each other's practices.
oy vey. I posted, but who knows if any of it got through. If only OBs cared about the actual research and their patients' well being instead of assuming hospitals are always safer, because that's what they were trained to think. Argh.
I just *love* how his examples are STILL more proof of hospital's meddlesome birth techniques/over management in action!
All the talk of hemmorhages--but how many cords does he tug on?
All the talk of VBACS rupturing, oh im sure, left and right--gee were they on pit, cytotec, perhaps?
This si what I try and try and I think, for the most part, fail at saying:
HOMEBIRTH IS SO MUCH MORE THAN JUST SOME EXTREMIST REACTIONARY ATTEMPT TO "AVOID A C SECTION"
This man and many manh other people refuse to allow anything of beauty into their cold hard skulls.
Medi
Medi
Medi speak
His words are the opposite of where its all at, and I pity him.
That being said, he has added more fuelt ot my already burning fire that rages in the name of women and families needing to hear MUCH MORE from the other side. Because this viewpoint is big and pervasive and common and widely held and I worry so so so much for the Mamababies. Gulp.
Post a Comment
<< Home