Saturday, July 28, 2007

Aw Shucks.

The upside of having a house full of sleepy pukers is that my blogging is completely unrestricted and I get to watch all the crap BBC dramas I love so much. Even if my perfect family Saturday isn't playing out as I had so carefully planned... Herein lies the silver lining

About 500 years ago (or more accurately on July 5th) I received an unexpected honor from DonorCycle. She considers me a decent read, and it seems has a love for midwifery. She has a really wild job - which I admire madly- and apparently really good taste in blogs. :) She nominated me for a Thinking Blogger Award.

Blushing madly.

In return I nominate the wonderful Navelgazing Midwife. I learn so much from her thoughtful, well written and passionate blog. She taught me secrets and tips which I have actually (already!) used about the quirks of vaginas and suture technique (among others!) which only a longtime midwife would think to share. I could read her all day long. Her's is the only blog I have read in it's entirety. She really should write a book.

I also nominate Neonatal Doc. Some may think it odd that I would nominate a medico, especially odd given that he's also on the record for not digging home birth (at all). But here's the thing. He's a great writer, he clearly loves his work and the babies he cares for. I guess, also that part of me hopes that if he ever had questions about the birth or prenatal care of a babe transferred to him from a home birth, that he would pick up the phone to discuss the case with the Midwife involved, as I expect he would confer with a doc in his institution. In any event he writes movingly and he makes me think. If you haven't read him. Go.

I would also like to nominate my bloggie -M- from The Other Side of the World. She's not currently on the other side of the world as she's home in Canada prepping to birth her own babe, but when she's at school she's studying Midwifery in New Zealand. Her blog is a work of art. Her posts are less blogging and more poetry. Her happy writings have reduced me to tears on more than one occasion.

Babycatcher is the blog of a Midwife in Malawi. Her blog is full of realities which many midwives in this country and other fortunate, prosperous nations simply never see. Her's is a tale of midwifery in it's truest, purest form. I aspire to service like hers. She recently got engaged to a lovely bloke who one day will be a pediatrician. I can't read enough of her.

Lastly, I nominate Housewife Fairy from Breast and Belly. She's a new find (to me at least) but holy cow, does she get it. She has a midwife's heart.

If you got tagged (and if you feel like passing it on) the rules for thinking blogger can be found here.

2 Comments:

Blogger LaborPayne said...

Congrats on your nomination, you deserve it! I have been unable to find the original source for the article on the new MO midwifery law. If you could site it for me please, I'm loathe to post it without attibuting it correctly.
Thanks

6:15 AM  
Blogger Housefairy said...

Louisa!
I am speechless. A midwife's heart? I really, really am going to carry that with me for a good long while.

Thank you :)

8:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home