Leah and One Hot Mama to the rescue!!
If you had to make yourself a logo, what would it look like?
This confession may seem very wanky but I have a logo. It is tattooed on my back with the names and dates of birth of my sons. You will also find it on my business cards.
It's a lovely round pregnant woman with giant breasts and arms wrapped around her belly. My devastatingly talented husband designed it. I tried to find a copy of it to post but I think it may have been a casualty of the "baby pee on laptop" incident.
I have you ever been so pissed (angry, not the drunk pissed) that you did something outrageous that now seems funny?
I've done outrageous drunk pissed stuff a whole lot which today seems more funny than when I actually did it. But the angry stuff, not so much. I once set a girl on her arse at a bar (she tried to hit me first). I'm not really into outrageous anger. I'm a peaceful soul for the most part...
If you could study with one women (living or dead) who would it be?
That's easy, If I could apprentice under Ina May Gaskin that would be really freaking cool. Or Navelgazing Midwife, and then there's this amazing Australian independent midwife...
If your hair would do anything you wanted it to, what would you want it to look like? (Is that girly, or what?)
Having done about all there is to do with hair, ever. The only thing I have not done is this:
I think this could be fun, especially for husband. But I would require a team of stylists to maintain it because I do not own, and will never own a blowdryer. Not really conducive to looking great after a marathon birth and hours of counter-pressure, or the double hip squeeze. This is definitely a c-section hair-do.
For the record, my breasts have never done that either. Nor, alas, will they ever.
let's say you did get pregnant again, what are your top five names (giving Husband no say whatsoever)?
I love, love, love, all-time-favorite name ever is Morag. It appeals to my pagan alter-ego. It's earthy and strong. For the record it is a very old scots name, Bonny Prince Charlie's nurse was called Morag. Or at least that's what I remember from a children's story I was read once. I love that name. Husband presently has it vetoed. Depending on how many boys I have to have before I crack a girl he may have no say at all in the end. Especially if I am forced to change the sire in order to have said girl child.
I'm also besotted with the names Aurelia and Adelaide (Ada for short). Both have managed Husband's approval. Jane also makes the list.
As for boys I'm running out of really rocking ones, having already exhausted George, Oliver, Gareth and Hugo. I like old names. Llewellyn is a goody (that was my grandfathers name, before you scoff!) as is Marcus and James.
Evidently I spend far too much time pondering the names of my future children.
If you were stranded on a desert island and could only take one book to read for the rest of your life, what would it be?
Oh crap. I have no idea. I'd probably try to write a book. I can think of no one book which would be satisfying for a lifetime. A large collection of Calvin and Hobbes cartoons might be good though. Or a Bronte...Jane Eyre perhaps?
If you could have one wish what would it be
That's easy! World peace.
Finish this sentence: birth is...
The beginning.
This confession may seem very wanky but I have a logo. It is tattooed on my back with the names and dates of birth of my sons. You will also find it on my business cards.
It's a lovely round pregnant woman with giant breasts and arms wrapped around her belly. My devastatingly talented husband designed it. I tried to find a copy of it to post but I think it may have been a casualty of the "baby pee on laptop" incident.
I have you ever been so pissed (angry, not the drunk pissed) that you did something outrageous that now seems funny?
I've done outrageous drunk pissed stuff a whole lot which today seems more funny than when I actually did it. But the angry stuff, not so much. I once set a girl on her arse at a bar (she tried to hit me first). I'm not really into outrageous anger. I'm a peaceful soul for the most part...
If you could study with one women (living or dead) who would it be?
That's easy, If I could apprentice under Ina May Gaskin that would be really freaking cool. Or Navelgazing Midwife, and then there's this amazing Australian independent midwife...
If your hair would do anything you wanted it to, what would you want it to look like? (Is that girly, or what?)
Having done about all there is to do with hair, ever. The only thing I have not done is this:
For the record, my breasts have never done that either. Nor, alas, will they ever.
let's say you did get pregnant again, what are your top five names (giving Husband no say whatsoever)?
I love, love, love, all-time-favorite name ever is Morag. It appeals to my pagan alter-ego. It's earthy and strong. For the record it is a very old scots name, Bonny Prince Charlie's nurse was called Morag. Or at least that's what I remember from a children's story I was read once. I love that name. Husband presently has it vetoed. Depending on how many boys I have to have before I crack a girl he may have no say at all in the end. Especially if I am forced to change the sire in order to have said girl child.
I'm also besotted with the names Aurelia and Adelaide (Ada for short). Both have managed Husband's approval. Jane also makes the list.
As for boys I'm running out of really rocking ones, having already exhausted George, Oliver, Gareth and Hugo. I like old names. Llewellyn is a goody (that was my grandfathers name, before you scoff!) as is Marcus and James.
Evidently I spend far too much time pondering the names of my future children.
If you were stranded on a desert island and could only take one book to read for the rest of your life, what would it be?
Oh crap. I have no idea. I'd probably try to write a book. I can think of no one book which would be satisfying for a lifetime. A large collection of Calvin and Hobbes cartoons might be good though. Or a Bronte...Jane Eyre perhaps?
If you could have one wish what would it be
That's easy! World peace.
Finish this sentence: birth is...
The beginning.


1 Comments:
this is fun! i won't answer them all, and there won't be any more babies around here, but the baby names that keep rolling around my head are bella and lacy.
Post a Comment
<< Home